Possible virus warning

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 15:53:24 EDT 2010

  On 19/03/2010 21:38, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richard-
>
> Friday, March 19, 2010, 11:44:34 AM, you wrote:
>
>> On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets:
>> An Empirical Study
>> <http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/>
> Thanks - I saw that on boingboing a while back and had completely
> forgotten about it<g>

Smug b*ggers like me check the RunRev Use-list via a Mac or a Linux box
so any viruses out there will just lie around on one's hard drive and do
nothing
either interesting or harmful.

As Linux costs nothing and one can get hold of a second-hand PC for next
to nothing
(street prices in Bulgaria currently running at: P3 = EUR25, 17" VDU =
EUR25) it behooves
everyone (gosh; I've been longing for an excuse to use that awkward verb
for ages)
to "rush out and buy one" for 2 very good reasons:

1. One can check one's e-mail without getting twitched to the eyeballs
about viruses.

2. One prevents an old PC ending in a landfill and transmitting filthy
pollution into the
atmosphere.

Probably a better bet than Aluminium Foil: mind you; one of these might
be a good idea:

http://prettyfrank.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/my-official-devo-energy-dome/

especially if you are suddenly hit with the urge to devolve into a
potato . . .  )