Saving files to database

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Mar 15 17:51:30 EDT 2010

On Mar 15, 2010 Andrew Kluthe <andrew at rjdfarm.com> wrote:

> I have a need to store image files and document files (reports) to
> my mySQL
> database. I know it is arguably unconventional to do this, but the
> need and
> requirement is there. Does anyone have any experience doing this
> within rev?
> I have seen alot of tutorials documenting this in PHP.
>
> Worst case: I use a php script to handle this process. But, I would
> like to
> do this straight from my rev program.

Bob and Slug,

I've been doing this for years, but I have never used base 64 encoding
and decoding. I've moved multiple gigabytes of binary data back and
forth between local machine and mySql server without any trouble at
all. So my question is, why use base 64 encoding if it doesn't make
any difference?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University