Substacks Editing and Visibility

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Fri Mar 12 12:41:42 EST 2010

I was trying to update a stack I wrote a couple of years ago (in my
revAdolescence stage) and moved what had been several separate stacks
into substacks of the main stack.

One of those stacks was a debug stack that I can use to send logging
information as the program runs.  It is marked as visible but ever since
moving it into the mainstack, I can't see it anymore.  It is "there"
because using tRev, I can get a snapshot of the stack and it indeed has
the information I've been writing to it there.

So my first question is: Can you have a separate "window"  composed of a
substack of the main window/stack, or are will I have to pull this out
as a separate stack file in order to see it?  The location looks ok and
as I said, the visible property is true.

My second question has to do with editing substacks.  CAN I edit a
substack or do I have to pull it out, edit it, and then put it back as a
substack of the main stack?

What I'm after in the end is a single (or as close as I can get to it)
stack for updating.

Thanks,

len morgan