RevMobile first impressions?

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Fri Mar 5 00:28:04 EST 2010

Besides getting my very first iPhone app accepted yesterday on the App store -- DeMoted -- I then got to play with revMobile. I am very pleased so far. I can't wait to build apps in rev for the app store and matching apps on the web.

I am testing on my actual iPhone (not much of a chance in messing up the iPhone since you are in your own sandbox and can not effect other apps or the system) and in the Simulator. I took a web based application I have been working on for the web and it is now on my iPhone. Five minutes. Unbelievable.....

Fonts, fields, as native controls are not implemented correctly yet (look ugly like Sarah stated) but custom controls look exactly like they do on the web and in RunRev ide. Simple animations work very smoothly. Move command and set the location to work great. Mutli touch is not completely as smooth as in a regular xCode iPhone app. Drop shadows etc. look better than the same on the web. Fades look great.

Gifs are not supported. PNGs are the preferred format for xCode for the iPhone. Some images cause crashes. Wrongly sized stacks seem to not load right. (makes sense). Some button presses seem to hang more on the device than in the simulator.

Ben was not exaggerating in his time to deployment. It truly is as fast as design, build and deploy. The submission process however has taken almost three weeks for my app. YMMV.

To be able to use my skills in RunRev across the board like this is a dream come true.

Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
3mcgrath at comcast.net

iTunes Library Suite - libITS
Information and download can be found on this page:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/RevOne.html