File Associations?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Mar 3 15:22:51 EST 2010

On Mar 3, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Is it possible that app name entries in the registry need to be in 8.3
> format?  My app name is 31 chars long, including spaces.  Maybe
> Vista is
> choking on this?

You could try wrapping the name in quotes. I think you mentioned you
are using INNO Setup. You will need to double-up the quotes to escape.
Here is an example from my .iss file:

Root: HKCR; Subkey: "ScreenSteps\shell\open\command"; ValueType:
string; ValueData: """{app}\ScreenSteps.exe"" ""%1"""; Flags:
uninsdeletekey

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems