Call to all you one-liners !

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 28 00:59:42 EDT 2010

Ken Ray wrote:
>> Depends on your objective. If the aim of the "isAColor" function is to
>> determine whether the passed parameter can be used as a parameter in
>> setting one of the color properties, then I think the function
>> performs as designed.
>
> My issue isn't with *your* "isAColor" function - it's with the built-in "is
> a color" function (or is it statement?)... I meant that this:
>
>   put "1000,1000,1000" is a color
>
> should return "false" instead of "true".

I agree. If "is a date" doesn't wrap, colors shouldn't either. This
returns false:

   put "13/133/09" is a date

So for consistency, and to avoid confusion, "1000,1000,1000" shouldn't
be a color. I think that's what most people would expect.

Now, dates can also be single integers (they're considered seconds) so
single color integers could also be considered...um...whatever they're
considered.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com