preOpenCard inside behaviors, does it works?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Jun 22 16:07:51 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 4:51 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> Andre Garzia wrote:
>
>> Mark & Craig,
>>

>> if you have a preOpenCard in a behavior script and set the behavior of a
>> button to that script, does it fires when you navigate to the card that
>> contains the button?
>>

> Buttons never get preOpenCard messages, though. The card gets them.

They don't??? :-O

Living and learning... I always though it would travel to whoever had it.
Like

Object -> Groups -> Card -> Stack

So that if any guy on that progression implemented a preOpenCard handler, it
would trigger or passes to the guy on the right side...

I *think* did this before... maybe I am just plain wrong, can't trust my
brain with all the vuvuzelas sounding (gosh, did you know there are vuvuzela
iPhone Apps?)

Well, for the time being, I am now using a handler "setup" where I
initialize all the damn controls that had a preOpenCard... Not my ideal
solution but as long as it works.