Performance

René Micout rene.micout at numericable.com
Sun Jun 20 06:38:21 EDT 2010

Thank you Mark,
In my project I use lot of "do" command...
For you, is that (the number of flux (flows) is 5) :

put "add 1 to vgCompteurFlux"& vpNuméroduFlux into vxA ; do vxA

faster or slower than :

switch vpNuméroduFlux
 case 1 ; add 1 to vgCompteurFlux1 ; break
 case 2 ; add 1 to vgCompteurFlux2 ; break
 case 3 ; add 1 to vgCompteurFlux3 ; break
 case 4 ; add 1 to vgCompteurFlux4 ; break
 case 5 ; add 1 to vgCompteurFlux5 ; break..
end switch

You can answer to me : make a test ;-)... But have you ever had this choice to make ?