WWDC Keynote: HTML5 wide open for On-Rev & revServer

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jun 12 20:07:02 EDT 2010

I guess I'm missing something here .....

It seems that if I write a Rodeo app and it uses HTML5 local storage,
then there is a secuity issue because other Rodeo apps on the same
server might be able to access the user's data when stored locally on
his machine.

But today I generally write desktop apps. The user's data is stored on
(usually) his local disk. And any other desktop app he chooses to
install can access that data. What's so different ?

-- Alex.