Tool palette bug?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 28 11:36:45 EDT 2010

On 7/28/10 9:24 AM, DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> This came up in one of the forums. I couldn't find it in the Q/A center,
> which surprised me
>
> The fill color, line weight and line size tools will not modify an existing
> graphic or bitmap. They will only set these properties for newly created
> ones.

Correct. The tool palette only sets the properties of the template
object, which controls how new objects look. To change the fill color of
an existing object, use its property inspector.

The same applies to any object; for example, setting a button style in
the tool palette only controls how the new button looks. To change its
style, use the property inspector. Selecting an existing button and
clicking a different button style in the tool palette will do nothing.

Images have a unique restriction. They are drawn with their own color
palette, and only colors available in the color table can be used for
the image properties. So you may not be able to set the border color of
an image if that color does not exist already in the image.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com