OT: Mac vs Win partisanship is unnecessary

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 04:37:26 EDT 2010

On 07/22/2010 04:03 AM, Curry Kenworthy wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>
> > I find this cry for a Windows version amusing
> > This is payback time
>
> I find an OS-driven personality/identity amusing. I am not anti-Flash,
> anti-QuickTime, anti-HTML5, anti-Windows, or anti-Mac. If Flash or
> Windows irritate someone, that's fine. I subscribe to the old "Think
> Different" philosophy, not one that encourages being the same.

I sat Tomaaaaatoes and you say Tomaytoes; let's call the whole thing off
. . .  :)

Of course Macintosh has its shortcomings; and frankly since they moved
to Intel Processors, Steve Jobs
started boasting, and they stopped thinking differently and started
chasing the metro-sexuals the shortcomings
have increased to the extent that one really wonders whether the
financial overhead of investing in Apple
products is really justified.

I have been a fairly hard-core Apple champion; but when I saw them
chasing the almighty dollar to the extent
that they began to scrimp on what they had previously been good at I
have begun going 'off' them.

This does not, howver, make me more 'on' re Windows.

I am devoting quite a bit of my time to becoming more familiar with
Linux, coupled
with a realisation that as Linux is so customisable if something goes
wrong it is
probably my fault rather that the nebulous "them".