RevWeb, IE and saving data

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Mon Jul 19 11:17:58 EDT 2010

Found the solution... and it's an easy fix for the user. The user needs
to bring up the Security tab in the IE options menu, click on "Local
Intranet", then just add our web site using the "Sites" button. Don't
know why this works, but it does. No problem writing to disk after doing
this.

Fortunately, it's easy for the revlet to detect this problem as soon as
it starts up, simply by attempting to write and retrieve a file to the
users computer. The solution can then be explained.

Richard... I agree with you about the horrendous warning that a revlet
brings up. The only solution we know is to explain the warning to the
user in advance. That should draw most of them in to proceeding. Of
course, in our case, the user has some familiarity with our company. If
they didn't, that warning message might still scare many away, even
after explaining to them it's safe to proceed.

Richard Miller