RevWeb, IE and saving data

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 19 11:17:29 EDT 2010

On 7/19/10 9:45 AM, Richard Miller wrote:

> I'd really like to hear from Revolution management as to when this will
> be fixed. The usefulness of revlets is severely limited if you can't use
> them to save any data to disk under Internet Explorer. I may be missing
> some solution to this, but I can't find it.

I don't think there's much a third-party company can do to fix it.
Windows OS is blocking write commands, so in effect it's locking the
disk. It's the same as trying to write to a protected folder on OS X or
Linux, you can't do it without the user's permission.

I haven't looked, but you might be able to find which setting(s) need to
be changed by googling Microsoft-related blogs and developer info. There
must be other CGIs and plugins that require the same thing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com