Build settings for Mac OSX - feedback

Steve King st.king42 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 8 13:23:35 EDT 2010

Dear All,

Thanks for your help on icons and standalone builder for a windows built
deployment on OSX

Did my first test installation on a friends mac yesterady, and it worked
(sort of).

Firstly, iconfx built the icons fine, so building mac icons with iconfx in
windows works well

The execution bit. Interestingly, this wasn't needed. I just dragged the
bundle over (as created by Rev using guidance from Jacqueline) and double
clicked the executable and it ran all on its own!

The problem. My application is built to save two files (text) with
extensions SAC and SACp. These are saved (in windows) in a folder under my
documents so I use specialfolderpath for this. The files save though not
quite in the right place, but this is probably due to some minor fix I need
to make with specialfolders. The problem is loading them back. When I use
the ask prompt, the saved file is present in the dialogue box but in light
grey so I can't select it (click on it) to load it. I have another file
(preferences) that the program saves and loads itself and interestingly this
works seemlessly, so it seems to be only a problem when using the dialogue.
Is it something to do wioth doc types and extensions? In the builder I
declared Type and extension as SAC, SACP.

Any suggestions appreciated

Cheers
Steve