How do you fix this?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jul 1 17:36:59 EDT 2010

I agree with Jacque on the way to handle this, but in defense of Charles61, this is a real clunky thing. I shouldn't have to work around this, especially since it's been like this through several major revisions. It's the result of menu's being objects that reside on a card but are invisible (sort of). The IDE should treat a system menu as a separate distinct object, but of course, where would you put it? Maybe that poses other problems, perhaps with backward compatibility with other engines and such. Who knows? It seems though that the Mac IDE could just ignore the object instead of taking it into account when sizing and displaying the stack. I dunno.

Bob