InetBrowser and the Mac Blue Screen

Alex Adams alex at a2technology.com
Fri Jan 29 20:28:18 EST 2010

I have an app that uses an InetBrowser stack.  It¹s pretty much as it came.
Any changes are subtle.  I¹ve been using this for a while now, but recently
I wanted to use the browser to view a pdf stored in the app¹s directories.
A url similar to this is used:
file:///Users/Alex/Desktop/hawkVisionUCSC/CSPDraft-100109.pdf
file://Users/Alex/Desktop/hawkVisionUCSC/CSPDraft-100109.pdf works too.

The problem is that when I quit the app, if there is one of these file://
addresses in the InetBrowser window, I am presented with the Mac Blue Screen
of (temporary) Death.

If I manually close the browser window or if I go to an http:// address
first, the quit happens okay, but this app can have a lot of windows open at
once and I don¹t want to require clean up moves from the user.

Any ideas?
--
Alex Adams

hawkVision ‹ tools for solving Wicked Problems

(a)2 Technology Partners, Inc.
831-726-8013
alex at a2tecnology.com
www.a2technology.com