Windows menu bars

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:01:14 EST 2010

2010/1/26 J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>:
> I need to open multiple documents that share the same menu bar. On Mac I can
> just set the default menubar. What do most of you do for Windows?
>
> I'm not too keen on putting up a toolbar like Rev does. Is there any other
> way? I think the answer is "no" but maybe some of you have an ingenius
> solution.

Hi Jacque,

Maybe I have all wrong. I confess that I just created a menu in
Windows for the first time since your question. ;)

I note that the menu is created in the top left of each stack and is
managed by a menuPick handler.

Here is what I could do to have this menu in each of my documents.
This is purely theoretical.

1) Creating of a substack in my project (as a kind of library) where I
could create the main menu
2) Creating a button with some script to handle my menu bar.
3) Creating a parentscript / behavior link between menu bar and its
code in the button
4) At every opening of a new document, copy of my group menu in the
new open stack. Provided of course that I have room in the top left

Maybe it can help, perhaps not. I tried ;)

--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc