Minimize Excessive Player Processor Use?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Mon Jan 25 20:11:17 EST 2010

Incidentally, the docs on qtIdleRate have an error, they say:

"A higher idle rate will result in smoother playback but will also require more cpu time."

but they should say:

"A LOWER idle rate will result in smoother playback but will also require more cpu time."

Lowering the qtIdleRate from 20 (30% CPU) to 1 (50% CPU) improved playback performance dramatically for me.

I wonder what the qtIdleRate represents - maybe a "tick" (1/60 sec)?