Looking for volunteers to create Wikipedia on CD application

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jan 24 20:03:05 EST 2010

Alejandro-

> About Mark question, probably this project is not useful in those
> fortunate places with ubiquitous and cheap internet access:

Yeah, that was the one case I thought of where it might be useful to
have a static, albeit somewhat outdated, snapshot of the data. Of
course, considering that Wikipedia doesn't for the most part require
broadband access where dialup would do, the following chart is
probably more to the point:

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

--
-Mark Wieder