Normal video DVD's with Rev applications on them?

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Sun Jan 17 10:02:35 EST 2010

Does anyone know of the low down on creating DVD's that will play as normal
video DVD's - but that also contain computer data and software such as a Rev
application? I've not done this with DVD's, and thought actually it would
not work or I'd have seen more of the beasts - this is a quote I found in
searching (though most searches turn up refs to DVD editing software):

you just need to creat the DVD on an hard disk with the video_ts folder,
> then add the folder with the data and burn all as a video DVD (with nero for
> example).
> putting an autorun in the root of the disk will lauch something for PC so
> the user does not need to navigate to some file manually.

I know I'm going to have problems playing the DVD video data from within
Rev, but forgetting that issue for now - would creating this data folder
create any issues for normal DVD players? Has anyone done this you know of?