DataGrid - not drawing fully in standalone - RESOLVED

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sun Jan 17 05:55:23 EST 2010

Le 16 janv. 10 à 18:31, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Andre Bisseret wrote:
>
>> Le 16 janv. 10 à 15:59, Richard Gaskin a écrit :
>>>
>>> It's a long story as to how I was able to pin this down, but more
>>> relevant is this test I've put together to illustrate the issue in
>>> isolation:
>>>
>>> <http://fourthworldlabs.com/rev/behavior_test.zip>
>>>
>>> The ReadMe file included in that archive describes the steps needed
>>> to reproduce this issue, and explains what appears to be happening
>>> there.
>>>
>>> If you or any of the other readers of this list feel like running
>>> that test it would be useful to get your confirmation before I
>>> submit this to the RQCC.
>>
>> Bonjour Richard,
>>
>> I ran your test.
>> All happened exactly like your describe it in your "read me"
>> (Mac OSX 10.5.8; Rev 4.0)
>
> Thanks for confirming that.
>
> So what do you think:  is it a bug, a documentation error, or a user
> error?
>
> Or maybe a better question would be:  What would you prefer it to do?

Bonjour Richard,

If I understand well, I should not be much concerned as, like yours,
my standalones are nearly empty except for the engine.
I used behavior for the first time only one week ago, AND I am not a
"pro" programmer (as such, might be I too often accept oddities  just
so, as soon as there is a workaround! So be cautious about my
judgment ;-)) Hope others will chime in.

But your explanations are very clear, and your test convincing so that
I think I understand quite well the problem.
I don't think it's a user error.
Sure the doc is ambiguous and should be far more accurate. My
interpretation is that they are not meaning the parentScript has to be
reset again in script".

Anyhow, seems to me it's not normal at all to have to (re)"set the
behavior of btn 1 to the behavior of btn 1!!! I would not like to have
to do that!!

So I think it's a bug; at the very least a rather big flaw that should
be corrected. I agree with your requests at the end of your "readMe".
  It would be useful to submit that to the RQCC.

Best regards from Grenoble

André