Database access in revlet?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Jan 8 20:45:56 EST 2010

Well, as often happens, the act of posting about my problem triggered
an idea of something I had forgotten to check. It turns out that I
forgot I was doing some fancy shell calls to make sure the database
port was open before  trying to connect to the db. Works just fine as
a standalone, but the plugin rightly refuses access to shell calls
unless you ask for permission. I had set it to auto-detect, and it
didn't catch the shell call. At any rate, I just commented out the
calls and it worked like a charm.

Going home for the weekend. My head hurts.

Devin

On Jan 8, 2010, at 6:34 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

> I know there isn't supposed to be any special setup required to run
> revlets that access online databases (MySQL in this case). In fact, a
> couple of months ago I took a stack that heavily accesses dbs and made
> it into a revlet, and it worked like a charm. But now I'm trying to do
> another one and it loads, but whenever it tries to make a db query--
> nothing.
>
> Anyone have experience with this? I'm under the gun to get a project
> up by next week.

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University