substack positioning

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 19:16:25 EST 2010

Hello folks,
I'm trying a new approach in what will be a somewhat complex U.I.
development, where I would like to use a main stack similar in fashion
to the rev tools pallet. From the main stack the user will be able to
open various sub stacks, each of which I want to open to the right
side of the main stack.

I'm getting the topRight position of my main stack without any
problem, but haven't yet found a way to align the sub stack without it
overlapping the main stack just a bit (5-10 pixels roughly). For
example, if the topRight position returns 10,20 I need to set the
topLeft of the sub stack to say 20,20

I guess what I'm missing is... based on the location of the main
stack, how do I set or adjust the topLeft position in my sub stack(s)
in order to avoid the overlap?

Best regards,
David C.