RunRevLive.10: 72 hours left to save

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 01:48:20 EST 2010

On 26/02/2010 00:12, Kevin Miller wrote:
> Richmond,
>
> I'm certainly not using those events as an excuse. I'm simply stating a fact
> which is true, for those of you that are interested. You can accept that or
> not. I have apologized for the situation with respect to the DVDs, it is
> inexcusable.
>
> We knew going into this that we had a lot to learn from the previous set of
> conference DVDs which is why we set out well in advance to do better this
> year. I was absolutely determined from the start we would get it right.
> Everything was planned carefully so we could improve and deliver you a
> wonderful experience from end to end. We made many changes to the product
> and it went well. The feedback I have is that the DVDs are better quality
> this year than last year. Unfortunately there was an intersection between
> the events that happened and the delivery of these DVDs. I'm not going to go
> into great detail but there was a chain of events involved. Bill was sick
> for a long time before he died which contributed a series of other issues we
> were having as a business for a period some time before the actual event. We
> had issues with the supplier (we won't be using them again), which we were
> not on top when they occurred because of staff shortages. Ultimately in
> spite of that I take full responsibly. Its unfortunate, I feel bad, I'm not
> making excuses. I'm just telling you what happened.
>
> You have every right to judge us for non-delivery of this product. However,
> and while I don't want to make this response overly personal, frankly you
> have no right to stand in judgment over my response to everything that
> happened on a personal level.

You are right. Please accept my fullest apologies.

I do hope, on a personal level as well as a professional one, that the
rest of 2010
allows you and yours time for healing and consolidation.

> I'm interested to hear that you are able to
> separate that out entirely in your life, but we all react differently to
> these things and I am certainly not able to do that, nor is Heather, Robin
> or some of the other people involved in this. There have been some major
> consequences on a number of levels and for the last two months I have simply
> run from one crisis to the next.

Possibly because my work is of rather smaller consequnece in the great
scheme of things
than yours is.

> The vast majority of the DVDs are now safely in the hands of our customers.
> If you have not received your DVD you will have received a letter from us
> today offering you an estimated delivery time and year's free license
> extension. If you have not received the DVDs nor a letter, your DVD shipped
> some time ago and as far as we are aware it should be with you. If this
> applies to you feel free to contact me directly, off list. Again I apologize
> for letting down our customers and we will do better next time.

Well, I will try to do better next time as well . . .  :)

> Kind regards,
>
> Kevin

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.