Conference-DVDs arrived

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 14:47:11 EST 2010

On 25/02/2010 21:01, jcwall at jaguar1.usouthal.edu wrote:
> The DVDs have not made it to the deep south yet, and neither have I had a message from Kevin.
>
> Jim

They haven't reached the Wild East either - mind you around here they
won't be delivered; I'll have to hop
in the car and go and fill in all sorts of daft customs forms with the
word 'Revolution' and then play mind
games with my crappy Bulgarian with the customs officers who are all of
a certain age and resemble my least
favourite aunt.

With all due respect to Kevin; I'm not terribly interested in a message
- I paid for the conference in the
first week of January 2009, attended the conference in the first week of
September 2009 and still have
neither:

Runtime Revolution Studio 4.0 in boxed format

nor

the conference DVDs

now, at the end of March last year my Father-in-law died; not much fun,
nevertheless I had to meet
a deadline the next day Linuxing a few PCs for a lawyer, as well as
teaching duties and the funeral
all together on the following day.

Every time I have 'flu (about twice a year because I am in constant
contact with young kids -
professional hazard) - I carry on teaching (admittedly with a pint mug
of Lemsip on the table)
because good people have paid for my services and depend upon them; at
the end of the day I can
afford to crawl away somewhere dark and warm and feel sorry for myself.

I learnt something extremely useful when I was at Carbondale from my MA
supervisor: NEVER, NEVER,
under any circumstances let your personal problems interfere with your
professional obligations,
AND, NEVER use them as an excuse for failing in any professional
obligations.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.