Best Release Practices and the word "fortnight"

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri Feb 19 12:01:47 EST 2010

the portuguese word for being ashamed is the spanish word for being pregnant...

also, funny differences from portugal portuguese to brazil portuguese:

portugal bicha means a queue of people, in brazil it means gay in the
queer sense.

portugal cueca means the girls or boys underwear while in brazil it
means only boys.

portugal durex means condoms while in brazil it is that sticky tape
you use to glue stuff to notebooks.

portugal pica means to get an injection (shot) for medicina, in brazil
is the slang for the mens private parts when it is happy and proud.

portugal propinas means tax while in brazil it means bribe.

portugal tesão means point while in brazil it means being horny.

portugal cacete which is a short bagette bread, in brazil means male
private parts as well, it is also a popular interjection used whenever
you need to scream something, I use it when someone tries to hit my
car when they shouldn't.

but my all time favorite is the portuguese expression that they use
when a woman is on her period, they use "estar com historias" which
literally means "having stories"?!?!