SuperDuper textSize property

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Feb 19 11:48:08 EST 2010

This is nothing new, and has always been the case in HC.

I make a field and I set the textSize of the field to 12. I write three
lines of text.
I then set the textSize of line 2 of the field to 24. That line gets
bigger.
If I ask for the textSize of line 2, I get 24. If I ask for the textSize of
the field, I get 12.
If I then set the textSize of the field to 10, all lines but line 2 obey.

OK, they always did. Lines (or chunks in general) remember their textSize
(or textStyle, or textAnything) as a personal property, taking precedence
over the field property.

So is it true that in order to globally change one of these properties I
have to explicitly use some sort of chunk expression:

set line 1 to the number of lines of fld myField to "plain"

I only ask because Rev seems to have a property for everything. There isn't
an overArchingTextStyle property?

Craig Newman