OT: Parallels or VMWare Fusion?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 06:29:56 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:50 PM,  <runrev260805 at m-r-d.de> wrote:

i am in the process of switching  from Windows to Mac.Not really
switching, but i want to develop on Mac OS X.  As i am using some
tools, which are not available for Mac, i need to run a virtual
machine also on my mac. On my windows machines i am running several
virtual machines on VmWare Workstation and i am really satisfied with
it.
<<<

There's one other option. QEMU and it's free.  I dismissed this for a
long time, but after I'd had problems with both VMWare and VirtualBox
(both of which I otherwise liked) I tried QEMU.  It appears that QEMU
is the basis for VirtualBox and for the XEN hypervisor, i.e. they are
some fork of QEMU.

Bernard