ANN: Newsfeeder - an RSS reader

Jeffrey Massung massung at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:53:50 EST 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 11:36 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Sarah Reichelt
> <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Looks very neat Jeff. My only suggestion would be to allow people to
>> set the font and font size.
>>

> Jeff, I'm not a big RSS users so take my suggestion with a grain of
> salt, but I notice all bar one Title is truncated and for the
> TEDTalks, three truncate the presenters name and the fourth is
> completely missing. I like TEDTalks and the presenters name could be a
> deciding factor in my decision to follow the link (I realise it does
> appear in the text, but skimming headlines is what RSS is all about).

Kay,

Thanks for the feedback!

Please know that I've tried *many* different ways of presenting the headlines, and this one seems to provide the best information given the space I want to allot to each.

However, RSS feeds - even though it's an optional xml tag - usually support the <author> tag. Perhaps an option to turn that on and have the author's name appear directly below the title as a subtext (similar to the post date) might fit that need? I love TED talks as well, but I can also see someone wanting to follow a specific blogger, editor, or reporter that they like on CNN, etc. Not a bad idea.

Jeff M.