Localization

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Feb 12 21:02:58 EST 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Jeffrey Massung wrote:

> However, it would appear that Rev renders unicode characters
> *incredibly* slow. :-(
>
> I have a field in a data grid template that needs to display unicode
> characters. Sadly, regardless of caching controls, fixed row
> heights, whatever, scrolling the data grid or resizing it is just
> unbearable (note: the function I wrote is called as outside the data
> grid behavior and the only thing done in the data grid is a set the
> unicodeText ... to pDataArray["text"]).
>
> Hopefully there's yet something else that I'm missing.

It would seem that there is something else going on to cause such a
slowdown. I often load UTF-8 data into a Data Grid and then convert to
UTF-16 and assign to the unicodeText property in FillInData. I haven't
noticed any slowdown.

There is absolutely nothing else going on? If not can you send a
sample stack to me off-list?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems