[ANN] RunRev Community Linux 0.0.2

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri Feb 12 16:55:57 EST 2010

Hello Folks,

I've made an update to our little Revolution enabled distro. I've
added revMedia, some big Gnome packages and some network, media and
printing packages as well.

My connection at home is terribly slow, it takes about six hours to
download the vmware image here, so most of my testing was done
remotely which is not a good way to test things. So if you take your
time to run this, please send me feedback. Over time, I will work some
FAQs and howtos as well.

http://andregarzia.com/revlinux

=================
    Useful Information
=================

The username is "revolution"
The password is "linux" (Also used for any administrator dialog)

All Revolution versions are installed in:
/home/revolution/apps

Apache, PostgreSQL and MySQL are running. Apache home folder is:
/srv/www (for the static files)
/srv/www/cgi-bin  (for the CGIs)

files with the .rev extension are mapped to the MIME type
application/x-revolution. The desktop icons are .desktop files inside
/home/revlution/Desktop those files are text based and can be edited
if someone wants to fiddle with the settings.

You can install new software by going to the computer menu -> Install Software.
If you install software on the LiveCD version, it will be gone by the
time you reboot but on the VMWare image or USB Drive, it will be
installed fine so you can customize your experience. If you install
any package that you think is useful for Revolution development and
testing of Linux applications and resources, drop me a line and I will
try to get it bundled in the default build of this distro.

Cheers
andre