Page numbers for marked cards for printing

charles61 cszasz at mac.com
Thu Feb 11 15:03:10 EST 2010

Hi Mary!

I have busy trying to finish up my project. As you know, the longer you work on a project there is an increased possibility of making some changes to it. I decided to add page numbers to my marked cards so the user could see them as they go through the cards.

I tried the following in a preOpenCard script for card named "eligibility":

on preOpenCard

mark card "eligibility"
repeat with x = 1 to the number of marked cards
  put "Page" && x into field "PageNumber" of marked card x
end repeat

end preOpenCard

This script does not generates any errors but the field "pageNumber" does not get anything and remains blank.  Any ideas or suggestions?

On Jan 6, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Marty Knapp [via Runtime Revolution] wrote:

> I would place a field on each card that you can populate just before you
> print
>
> repeat with x=1 to the number of marked cards
>    put "Page" && x into fld "PageNumber" of marked card x
> end repeat
>
> --do your printing
> --then clear the field:
>
> repeat with x=1 to the number of marked cards
>    put empty into fld "PageNumber" of marked card x
> end repeat
>
> > I have been working on a project that uses marked cards based on an user's
> > input. When the user selects a card or cards, they become marked for
> > printing. I want to add a page number at the bottom when printing the marked
> > cards.
> > There are around 70 cards which makes it very difficult to include page
> > numbers on the cards when printing since they may not be sequential. In my
> > situation, only about 6 to 11 cards would been selected by the user. Has
> > anybody developed a means of assigning page numbers to marked cards when
> > printing them as marked cards?

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com