Noise in Windows icon when standalone compiled on Mac

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 3 13:25:34 EST 2010

David Glasgow wrote:
> So I
> imported it into Iconographer, and chose 'complete icon' from the
> icon menu, and it did some stuff.  The resulting icon is now
> acceptable to Rev at build time, but doesn't look good on Vista, and
> behaves as if some sizes are missing (they're not, as far as I can
> tell).

Iconographer has been unsupported for years now, and has a significant
bug that clips some icons off halfway. I had to stop using it. Except
for a commercial Photoshop plugin that you have to purchase, I don't
know of any good Mac utilities that will create suitable Windows icons
for Rev. If anyone knows, I'd love to know too. But creating icons in
Windows is easy using a Windows-native icon editor, and if you are
developing for Windows anyway then it isn't hard to just do the icons
over there.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com