Links to programs in Windows?

Kresten Bjerg Kresten.Bjerg at psy.ku.dk
Tue Feb 2 20:08:25 EST 2010

Thank you for the meticulous answer. However, I am  a dilletant and
cannot see my way through all this.

We have this process:

    answer file "select a program" with "/C:/Documents and
settings/<User>/Start Menu/Programs"

, and  it is  a function which shall permit novice computer users to
produce a few buttons inside their personal electronic diary

 ,permitting them to open the few other programs they will tend to use,
perhaps word, picasa, mail-program, calculator, checkers...etc

 simplifying their everyday, and having their use of such programs
logged (timeindexed) into the diary.

The paradox is, that in windows, they can open the start menu, go to
programs, and see all programs there,

and we can move down  the directories manually, and find all these links
in the Start Menu/Programs  folder.

 But Revolution cannot find them , just find a very few of them, by that
Answer line.

I Understand, that the line may have to be changed, in order to fit
windows 7, - but as long as it doesn't work  even on  Windows XP

  that seems to be a secondary question.

Maybe many scriptlines have to be concocted, to produce an acceptable
result corresponding to what can be done so simply in Mac,

 calling "Applications".

So,pragmatically: how would you script to solve the problem.

That a few programs may escape, is not a serious problem in this
context.

Still hopefully

Kresten

www.phenomenalog.dk <http://www.phenomenalog.dk/>