on-rev queries

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 19:36:31 EST 2010

2010/2/3 Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com>:
> Well I've discovered in my experience that ALL SQL servers have a default timeout to clear stale connections. The server doesn't know if someone pulled the plug on a computer or took a meteor strike, and it can't leave the connection open forever.

Right. It is sometimes tedious having to manage user sessions by
hand... Especially when you have the visit of a meteor in your
office... 8-)
I thought of a parameter like the KeepAliveTimeout as a way to maybe
help solving your problem depending on what you have found in your
logs.

Bad thought 8-)

> I think I have resolved the problem by re-issuing a connect command and then getting the database ID. Then I can use the <maybe> new ID in my queries.

Good. Hope it will resolved definitely your problem ;)

Regards,

--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc