RevServer on OSX (Snow Leopard Server)

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 07:09:24 EST 2010

Thanks to Mike, Devin and Andre for help to date with my revServer setup challenges. Current state of play is...

I have a test.irev page in /Library/WebServer/Documents/ and the same test.irev file and an index.html with an embedded rev script in a Custom Site, which has its web root set to /Library/WebServer/Documents/Test/

I'm getting no rev content in my test Site's index.html file and both instances of test.irev file return the 500 error 'premature end of script headers: revServer'.

The revServer distribution folder's contents - including the revServer engine - are in /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/

The changes I've made from the original .etc/apache2/httpd.conf file are the following lines [comments in square brackets are not in the file!]:
Line 272	AddHandler irev-script irev (this was added via the Server Admin application's Add Content Handler function)
Line 273	Action irev-script /cgi-bin/revserver
Lines 1082 - 1095:
<Directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents">
    AllowOverride All
    Options MultiViews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AddHandler irev-script .irev
    Action irev-script /cgi-bin/revserver/
</Directory>
##
<Directory "/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables">
	Options ExecCGI
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>

Line 1192	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/ [not added by me but provided as context for those below]
Line 1193 	ScriptAliasMatch ^/cgi-bin/((?!(?i:webobjects)).*$) "/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/$1" [I'm not sure what this does or if it's still needed, given line 1192]
Line 1194	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/revserver /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/revserver [from vhost lesson example but seems redundant, given line 1192]

Here is a link to my current httd.conf file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1909531/httpd.conf - just in case I have made other errors in mapping the generic CGI vhosts example in the revserver lesson - http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/buckets/814/lessons/16631-Getting-Up-and-Running-with-revServer - to the OSX Server 10.6.5-specific apache config file.
Best,
Keith..