OT: Problems with Inserting Odd Characters into PostGreSQL

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Dec 14 07:30:51 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> BTW, Trevor, does sqlYoga resolve this issue internally? If so it would
> make a really great selling point for sqlYoga!

No. I considered allowing one to set the encoding the database should use
along with the encoding the strings would be passed in as but in the end
decided against it.

Personally I configure PostgreSQL to use UTF-8. I then encode any strings I
insert and decode any strings I get out.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems