OT: Powers of Ten

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Dec 12 20:40:21 EST 2010

On 13/12/10 12:14 PM, "Colin Holgate" <coiin at verizon.net> wrote:

> The kiosks were done using Director 7, and the animations made mostly with
> After Effects. I made the spiral galaxy using 50,000 sprites in Director, and
> some of the forming of planets were done using Director too.

Wow! Director really was (and still is) great for multimedia style
animations (and for scripting the creation/editing of images) but boy am I
glad we no longer use it here as our main development tool. I recently had
to revisit a project I developed in Director in about 2002 and the
workarounds I had to use at the time to get it to work properly (involving
LDMs) were truly horrible - so much so that I can no longer even understand
them.

Terry...