How do you compare negative numbers with positive numbers?

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Sun Dec 12 17:34:49 EST 2010

Colin,

Thanks a lot! I had forgotten about the absolute function. I now have to figure out how to do comparisons of this sort so that if a negative number is bigger than a positive value that it is reported as a weakness (such as -3.5 compared with a value of 2.23). And if a positive number is bigger (such as 2.8) than a positive value it is reported as a strength.  I have fifteen comparisons of this sort using the deviations from the mean and comparing them to certain values. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com