RevServer set-up on OSX Server

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sun Dec 12 08:37:49 EST 2010

irgh!!!!

at least the revserver part worked right?

What I do here is this:

* I use superduper to make a bootable clone of my HD in an external Hard
Drive.
* In the rare cases that my mac goes crazy, I reboot from the external hd
and then fix the problem.

most of the times my mac will not hang during boot but some other stuff
sometimes makes it unresponsive, for these cases, I usually use a secondary
laptop and ssh to reboot the silly apple machine.

once I was bit so badly by these malfunctions of apple computers and overall
bad service of Brazilian authorized apple techinical services (they took
four months to fix my mac and I had apple care). that for a while, I always
had two or three laptops cloned into each other as a failsafe, this way, if
one of them went dodo, I had two real hardware copies.