RevServer set-up on OSX Server

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 03:54:13 EST 2010

Andre,
Thanks for playing this new game(!) but it looks like round 2 may take a while yet...

I prepared my home server with a new virtual host for revserver development; added a dyndns host to access the server from the Internet and tested with my iPhone; added revserver with CGI settings, etc. So, I just needed a 'hello world' rev test page.

I had a site ready in RapidWeaver that I just needed to publish, so the last step was to open-up local file sharing so that I could upload the test website from my MacBook Pro. The server appeared on my MBP's Finder briefly but then disappeared.

So, I rebooted the box and now have no home server until I get to the genius bar to unlock the box!  http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2679909&tstart=0

Still, better to lose my experimental home server than my company VPS!

Do you think someone is trying to tell me something? ;-)
Best,
Keith..