Opening documents with Quick Look on iPad?

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:24:30 EST 2010

Here's what I use on the desktop. Don't know squat about how this
could be massaged for iPad.

---------

on mouseUp tBtn
    answer file "Please choose a file to look at ..."
    if it is empty then exit mouseUp
    put it into theFile
    put empty into allowDrag
    quickLook theFile
end mouseUp

on quickLook theFile
    put apostrophe (theFile) into theFile
    --  put "qlmanage -t " & "-s 900 " & theFile into tcmd --
apparently sets it to max orig size, white window
    --  put "qlmanage -t " & "-f 5 " & theFile into tcmd ----
apparently sets it to max orig size, white window
    put "qlmanage -p " & theFile into tcmd -- shows it in a black window
    get shell(tCmd)
    if the result is not empty then beep
end quickLook

function apostrophe str