R: Re: is it possible...

baccheschi at tin.it baccheschi at tin.it
Wed Dec 8 12:23:37 EST 2010

----Messaggio originale----
Da: m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Data: 8-dic-2010 18.08
A: "How to use LiveCode"<use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Ogg: Re: is it possible...

Hi Mario,

I'm pretty sure that it is possible, but what exactly do you want to do with this variable, or with the question and the answer?

If you want to compare the two, try
if fld 1 of stack "Name of substack" is fld 1 of stack "Name of mainstack" then...

If you want to put the field of the substack into the field of the mainstac, do
put fld 1 of stack "Name of substack" into fld 1 of stack "Name of mainstack"

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

How to receive a free Color Converter license http://qurl.tk/kv (read the conditions)

On 8 dec 2010, at 17:55, baccheschi at tin.it wrote:

> Hi to everybody
> I am a beginner of LiveCode..
> Is it possible to send a variable from a substack to Main Stack ?
> I put a question in the substack and I put the answer in a field of the MainStack..Is there a better way to get the answer?Thanksmario

Many thanks for the fast answer Mark
I would use directly the answer  :
if it is "yes"... something..happens in the main stackIf it is "no"... something  different   ....happens  in the main stackregards mario