preOpenStack - Main stack script affects SubStack when it opens?

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 21:19:37 EST 2010

Maybe it's me or should this not be happening. Livecode 4.5.1.

I have a mainstack that has a preOpenStack that does some house keeping...

I just added a substack that is opened from the mainstack by a user clicking
a button.

**There is NO preOpenStack in the substack

When the substack opens the preOpenStack of the mainstack tries to run which
generates an error since none of the objects on the mainstack are on the
substack.

Should preOpenStack only work with the stack that contains it?

If this is the proper way the system works then what is the work around?

thanks,

Glen