revVideograbber + Mac OS X 10.6.5 + iSight bug

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Mon Dec 6 11:23:44 EST 2010

I have had a couple of users of my application report the the video capture
window (the revVideoGrabber preview) has a green or grey area over the video
image intermittently.   I tested it on one user's computer and I determined
that it happened when they had the iSight set as the video source.   I was
able to try it on their Mac and switched to a DV input and the problem
disappeared.

The grey or green area is not saved to the video.  I played video captured
on that Mac on another mac that has an earlier version of Mac OS X and the
video was fine.

I also noticed that a focused player window with a Quicktime movie in it
will exhibit the same behavior if the revVideoGrabber preview window is
open.  The video image in the player will have a grey or green area that
appears intermittently over the video.

Both users are using Mac OS X 10.6.5.
The application was compiled with LiveCode 4.0, ( I have not yet compiled a
release version with 4.5 yet.)

Has anyone else seen this?  If anyone has Mac OS X 10.6.5 could they test
this to confirm this?

Thanks.

Martin Koob