Ucranian spam & other posts

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 14:33:58 EST 2010

On 12/05/2010 07:45 PM, Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:
> Hi from Beautiful Brittany,
>
> Richmond,
>
> I think we all win. I am Irish and live in Brittany
> René is from Brittany and lives in Paris (where I
> lived for 40 years), you are Scottish and live in
>
> ........     Bulgaria ?????
>
> We are all expats of some sort  ...    :>)
>
> Does Bulgaria have Celtic origins ?

Well . . . the ancient Thracians had red hair, as do I.

However, let's remember that the word 'Celtic' is a load of romantic
tosh cooked up by the same sort of people who allotted specific
tartans to specific families and rebranded a Scotland raped by the
Hanoverians
and the continuing English Yoke as something cutesy to stick on shortbread
boxes.

> Do you have to import your whiskey ?

Not with that spelling . . .  :)

I hardly drink alcohol at all, and when needs be I find the local
red wine suffices very well indeed.

> Do you wear your "tartan breeks" in the Bulgarian
> winter ?

heaven forfend; trews occasionally, breeks never; and my
plaid as often as is practicable.