How to make a square topped, round rect bottomed graphic?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:26:03 EST 2010

Hi Bob,

Bob Sneidar-2 wrote:

> Got it thanks! I am very excited about this actually, because this will
> allow developers to contract out graphic designers for interface
> development, making LiveCode standalones truly a thing of beauty.

Yes, this is correct. Scott Rossi has show in this list
astounding interface elements created with the transparency
and gradients available since version 3.0

I told him that these interface elements look like artwork created in Xara.
http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/nov10/

This platform, LiveCode, only needs a native graphic object that uses
bezier or quadratic splines and native commands and functions
to scale, flip, rotate and skew vector graphics.

I have created these handlers for some of my previous stacks, but
performance
is not optimal when transforming too many graphics at once
.

Bob Sneidar-2 wrote:

> I don't know if this uses an externally developed plugin to read the file,
> or if you are "ripping" it raw, but in either case, if it produces a
> LiveCode vector object, and we can get a little updating going from the
> LiveCode developers, this has the potential to become a really great
> addition!

It's just code, not an external. Specifically, i created this EPS Import
stack
to import vector based clip art into stacks, as you can see in the gallery
stack.

But it's incomplete.
After you import vector clip art, How do you scale, flip, rotate or skew it?
Well, i have handlers for that, but still I have not included them
in this stack...

Imagine objects of any shape and size, filled with a graphic image, or a
complex blend, that we can import from an EPS file! A graphic designer can
simply ship the objects to us in a single EPS file and we can import them
into a stack and Voila! Beautiful native objects!

Yes, but my vote goes to SVG that supports Transparency and Gradients.
If any of you have time to spare in updating Ian MacPhail's stack
answer in the mail list, to make plans to complete this task.

Alejandro