[OT] Custom computers

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Thu Dec 2 13:03:12 EST 2010

On 12/02/2010 at 12:35 PM, Warren Samples wrote:
> Hmmmmmmmmmmm... Are you a friend of Steve? If you are, then forget what
> I said. o/w try google. Also there *may* be some vids on youtube. Not
> that I know *anything*.

I don't know *anything* either, but there are lots of people "potential
software customers" who are real fans of OS X, but only want to have their
choice in where they install/run it.  It's not always about saving money,
or acquiring the OS by shady means.  Many users do actually buy the retail
box set and are technically savvy enough to get it working.  Steve really
could make more money legally selling OS X to a broader audience.  The 3rd
party software market would probably grow as well, and with the Mac App
Store, Apple still wins again. I know they don't want the hassle of
supporting such varied hardware, but there already is a community
supporting these fans, just as is done with the many flavors of Linux.

Fans are crying out here:
http://www.osx86install.com/hear-us.html

For Linux and Mac fans, check out MacBuntu. It is a themed Linux that is
quite impressive. Almost as good as the Apple-themed BSD we call OS X.  :-)