How to make a square topped, round rect bottomed graphic?

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Wed Dec 1 14:54:23 EST 2010

I tend to agree with you here Bob, I'd prefer more work on media support,
and native windows for revBrowser and externals than better native graphics
support. However for reasons that I believe are to do with improving the
underlying architecture in general, and for supporting better games and
other souch applications I think that RunRev are indeed doing a lot already
to iprove graphics perfomance and more is doubtless on the way!

NB - a combination of Jan's suggestion, and Harals seems to be doing the
trick nicely - just testing out that the gradients match (fingers crossed :)

On 1 December 2010 19:33, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> I think we are up against one of the limitations of LiveCode, which is
> complex graphics. I am not one who would lobby for support of complex
> graphics, because I think the limited resources of the LiveCode development
> team can be better put to use elsewhere. Just my humble opinion. I do think
> however that complex graphics support is one of the hardest things to
> implement in any application. Let's suppose LiveCode gave us this kind of
> vector graphics rendering. Why not 3D modeling next? And if that, then how
> about 3D animation? I was just remarking to one of my IT people that a
> certain person we both know never really gets anything done because they
> took on too much in the beginning, and now are strung out trying to do it
> all. I hope LiveCode developers do not ever find themselves in this
> position.

Also, if anyone wants to join in with another Live TV event, I'll be showing
how to make them, and some tools for simplifying this on Saturday together
with Björnke and his amazing field validation routines - not quite sure what
time, leaving this up to Björnke :)

NB - I'm compiling the beginnings of a collection of iPhone / mobile /
tablet widgets for this. So far we've got a "switch" widget, buttons for
navigation bars thanks to Bernd, and the above I am using for the iPhone
list item group "forms". If anyone else has widgets to contribute, or would
like to demo them / how they made them, that would be great!