Datagrid Basics

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 11:37:26 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Ray Horsley <ray at linkit.com> wrote:
> André, Zryip,
>
> Very helpful.  Thanks, especially to Trevor who has put together this
> wonderful instructional site.  After combing through it I'm missing just one
> thing.  Is there any way to 'lock' the first column when scrolling
> horizontally?  In my case I'm using the first column to simply number the
> lines so if there's any way to show line numbers and leave them locked on
> screen when scrolling that would work too.

As far as I know there is no way to lock a column in a data grid.
The only trick I see is to use two datagrids. One for the fix column
and the other one for the scrolling columns.
By synchonizing the scrollbar of the both, you could obtain what you want.

The dgHScroll property could be helpful in this task, by reading the
value of the scrolling DG and apply this value to the locked DG.

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc